Tuesday, June 1, 2010

dirty laundry (1)

Washing in the street....
Repairing clothes
Repairing shoes
When you enter a temple, you have to take your shoes off. When I entered the Jain temples in Jaisalmer, a guy walked up to me and pointed at my, admittedly, worn out sneakers. I always take old stuff with me and then leave it behind for somebody else to use when I go back. The guy really wanted to repair my shoe, for 200, than 60 rupies.... a price he probably would earn in a whole day for 5 minutes of glueing. So I said no. Suddenly he grasped one of my shoes and disappeared. Another tourist next to me says... "There goes your shoe". But, no worry, he'll come back, I thought, because he wants to get the money. So I visited the temples, and indeed, when I came back after quite a while the guy was standing there waiting for his money. I put on my first shoe quietly, than grasped the second one from his hands.... He complained, but I finally gave him 10 Rupies and he probably was still satisfied.

Only few days later another guy came and found that my shoes needed repairing again   
Drying
Ironing

No comments: